With rates of mental illness increasing dramatically, the divorce statistics are pretty dire:
- The chance of a first marriage ending in divorce over a forty-year period is 67%.
- Half of all divorces will occur in the first 7 years of a marriage.
- The divorce rate for second marriages is even higher, some research puts it as much as 10% higher than for first marriages.
- 75% of all realtionships result in non-monogamy.
- Research conducted at the University of Michigan shows that an unhappy marriage increases your chances of getting sick by roughly 35%, and will shorten your life by an average of four years. Generally it is well understood that stress, however induced, is implicated in high blood pressure, heart disease, IBS, and weakening of the immune system etc.
So what to do....
Every relationship has its challenges and often our frustrations are symptomatic of deeper underlying problems where one, both or all parties are not getting their needs met.
I will work with you to identify the unmet needs of all parties and together we will develop strategies for getting those needs met in the future.
I will also dispel some myths, help you to understand the differences between the male and female brain (helpful in both mixed and same-sex relationships), and share key attributes of successful relationships, be they couples, throuples or polycules.
I use the RIGAAR™ Model in my work with couples:
Agreeing a strategy
Fees & Timings
The first session is 90 minutes long, followed by subsequent 60 minute sessions.
£125 for the first 90 minute session
£95 for subsequent 60 minute sessions